What you can do.
EMAIL MAYOR BELL
Birmingham’s Mayor Bell is not a fan of ALDOT’s current plan, but needs to know Birmingham business leaders and residents stand with him in opposition. Use our prepared email message or write your own.Email The Mayor
Financial resources are critical to realizing a better vision for growth in the heart of Birmingham. Donations support the Move I-20/59 initiatives, including the lawsuit fighting ALDOT’s current plan. Donations are accepted securely through PayPal®.
SPREAD THE WORD
Share why you want a different plan for the Move I-20/59 bridge on your social media channels with the hashtag #move2059
WHAT ALDOT SHOULD DO
When the Alabama Department of Transportation makes changes to I-20/59, citizens will have to live with the result for the rest of our lives. Before making such a far-reaching decision, ALDOT should:
- Make badly needed interim repairs to the existing viaduct.
- Carefully consider the role this land can play in economic development.
- Enable the necessary acquisition, planning and design work to reconfigure I-20/59.
- Build an alternative that optimizes tourism, business and residential opportunities, then remove the downtown viaduct.
- Use federal funds to make our city better, not worse.
Help us find opportunities to share the message. Send your ideas and suggestions to email@example.com.